The Guild protocols were tested finally, and they’ll evolve and improve and be refined over the years ahead, but these words on proper and elegant dress, for those who wish to comply with such considered protocols, were first drafted by Ms. Darker and Ms. Hill, and presented, with a few minor adjustments by my hand, do bring a warm, pleased smile to my lips:
- Black and white cocktail attire is always in good taste for our events. (Dark blues, charcoals, and pinstripes are all quite acceptable too.)
- Shoes, boots, and heels ought to be polished and in good condition.
- No jeans, tee shirts, or sneakers permitted.
- No garments or accessories, please, with overtly visible commercial logos.
- No pantyhose are permitted.
- Stockings shall have no runs at the commencement of the evening. (Though later, of course, they are not unexpected.)
- No brimmed hats shall be worn indoors.
- Coats and jackets shall be hung up on hangers, not over chairs, when removed for play, or to adjust for excessive heat.